McEwen Gisvold LLP is recognized as a premier real estate firm in Oregon, having maintained one of the most extensive real estate legal practices in Oregon for more than 125 years.
Our representation extends to all aspects of real estate transactions in virtually every property type and to all levels of complexity.
WE REGULARLY ASSIST CLIENTS WITH:
COMMERCIAL LENDING & REAL ESTATE FINANCING
- Represent large regional and national lending institutions, including commercial banks, savings & loan associations, insurance companies, and mortgage bankers who finance a spectrum of real estate transactions
- Assist in structuring and documentation of real estate transactions, including troubled loan work-out arrangements
ACQUISITIONS & SALES
- Negotiate and close real estate acquisitions and sales involving commercial properties and business of all kinds, including office buildings, retail and apartment complexes, shopping centers, mixed-use facilities, hotels, nursing homes, timberland, storage and warehousing facilities, residential properties, and raw land
- Prepare purchase agreements, conveyance documents, financing documents, escrow instructions, and more
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT
- Provide sophisticated legal advice in all types of real estate development, including shopping centers, industrial & residential developments, hotels, and downtown developments
- Counsel in the creation of residential, commercial, and mixed-use condominiums and planned unit developments
LEASING & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
- Structure, negotiate, and document varying types of leases and occupancy-related agreements for landlords and tenants, including assignments, subleases, lien waivers, early occupancy agreements, and telecommunication license agreements
- Provide counsel on ground leases, build-to-suit leases, office leases, shopping center leases, industrial leases, and subleases
- Draft and negotiate property and asset management agreements